Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness

ref=dp_image_0.jpg

Took a chance and bought this book (ebook version) last night on Kobo (mainly because the plot sounded so interesting despite the unfamiliar author) and it is worth every cents! I love the main characters, Matthew (a vampire) and Diana (a witch) and how they have defied all the ancient rules and laws regarding interspecies relationship, in order to defend their love for each other, regardless of the mortal dangers it represented. Kinda reminded me of Edward and Bella in Twilight, but definitely with more oomph! Matthew was even as protective and possessive as Edward was! What makes the book even more interesting is the intrigue and conspiracy regarding the origin and evolution of species (think Darwin) which were beautifully interlaced in the storyline, which reminded me of the conspiracy in the Da Vinci Code book. 

Ok, I'm not a good book reviewer (I'll get better, don't worry) but trust me, you'll want to read this book. It is becoming one of my favourite books, definitely un-putdownable (hehe..bad english, I know). Love, love, luurrvveeeeee this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment