Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Headband Project

Wow, how long has it been since I last posted? Almost 3 weeks! And believe me, I have been super busy in the last 3 weeks after discovering my rather deeply-dormant creative side. I have been making headbands!! Considering I find it hard to find headbands to my satisfaction, I thought hey, why not make some?! So I experimented with some old headbands, made some bows and ribbons through online tutorials, and voila! I came up with the stuff below!









Quite impressive for me, if I have to say so myself. Hehe..

But not only these, I actually taught myself how to crochet, of all things! Funny, considering my mom did this when I was younger and I had no inclination whatsoever to be that domestic. Guess being a mom changes that. And it gives me great pleasure to make something that I know my kids would love to wear. Azeema loves wearing the headbands I made for her - to the point that she doesn't want to take them off at bedtime. 

Anyways, pics of the other stuff will be uploaded later, once I can convince my husband to help me with the camera. 

I am quite proud of myself. And hopefully I can make more of these, and the money can go to my pay-my-debt fund. Hehe..

And also thanks to my darling husband for volunteering to pay for the raw materials my new hobby requires. I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment