Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fenugreek - Supplement for Breastmilk

Just started taking GNC Fenugreek tablets for about 4 days now. It is a supplement which can help increase the volume of breastmilk production. Mine has been a dismal 1 - 2 oz (both breasts) every time I pumped so I always just do direct feeding. But I'll be starting work in 11 days, so need to stock up on my EBM. Usually I would be content just to let Ayra have formula milk now but she is so choosy and hates all formula milk given to her, so I gotta let the milk flowing. Besides, I feel happier giving her BM, rather than formula.


Anyways, instructions say to take 2 morning, 2 afternoon and 2 night, but I forget the afternoon one all the time - chalk it up to post-pregnancy forgetfulness..hehe. I must also take about 3L of water everyday, to ensure the

Have I detected any changes so far? I guess slowly, yeah. My boobs fill up quicker than before. I only started pumping for 2 days now, and only last night progress have been shown. I can get it up to 2.5 oz (both boobs) now. I know, it's still very little but better than what it was before. If only I can remember to drink water all the time and pump in between feeds. But Ayra is one hungry baby, she drinks every time she wakes up from her nap.. Anyways, hopefully with the supplement, it will be better again soon... I'll just have to wait and see...

Zida xx

No comments:

Post a Comment