Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Headband Project 2

While waiting for my headband stock to arrive (I'm not sure why they took so long - it's been a month!), so I decided to make some flowers. I love felt cloth and the felt flowers are very simple and chic, very suitable for kids or a casual day out. Then I was thinking, there has got to be someway to attach these to something. So I decided to play with elastic headbands. I'm not really a fan, well maybe because I don't usually use them, but it's not about what I want, it's about what others want. And it turned out elastic headbands are quite fun and they do stay on the head, depending on how tight the bands are. 

 
Blue and black beaded headband with big organza rosette - tutorial courtesy of Joy Is At Home

 
Red felt daisy clip - tutorial courtesy of Mrs Priss

 
Red felt heart with glitter and elastic band

 
Pink and green felt peony with elastic band - tutorial courtesy of Yoonie At Home

 
Three-layered felt heart with elastic band

 
Layered yellow organza with beaded centre and lace headband

Multicoloured satin rolled flowers with lace headband

As I said earlier, I also tried my hand at crochet. And came up with these (thanks to some online tutorials!):

 Triple braided crochet headband with two flowers - tutorial courtesy of You Seriously Made That?

Single chain crochet headband with big flower - tutorial courtesy of Knotty Knotty Crochet

Crochet hat with ruffles - tutorial courtesy of Art of Crochet by Theresa

Triple chain braided headband with big flower - tutorial courtesy of You Seriously Made That?

So what do you think? Nice huh? Credits to all the people who came up with these tutorials (I owe you guys one!). Would you guys like to have one of these? I'm featuring these (plus the ones I made earlier) on my Facebook (Hair Jewels). Add me and book to your heart content! I will try and meet the demand..hehe


No comments:

Post a Comment